DJI Phantom 4 – The sexiest drone that DJI ever designed, welcome to the era of VISION.
The Most Powerful Phantom Ever – the DJI Phantom 4
The Phantom 4 has new upgrades in both hardware and software, with a lot of automatic features built-in, such as obstacle avoidance, Tap-n-Go, auto-tracking for moving object, increased flying speed, better camera and longer flight time.
Obstacle Sensing System
The Phantom 4 constantly scans for obstacles in front of it, allowing it to avoid collisions by going around, over or hovering.
ActiveTrack allows an aircraft to track a moving subject without a separate GPS tracker. Simply tap on the mobile device screen inside the DJI GO app to select the subject to be tracked. The aircraft will lock on the subject and start tracking it automatically from a safe distance.
Visual Tracking footage by Helipal
TapFly means you can fly in any direction with a tap of the finger, without a remote controller. With Obstacle Avoidance turned on, the aircraft will automatically avoid obstacles, slow down or hover when required, provided that the scene is bright enough ( < 300 lux) or too bright ( > 10,000 lux).
Auto Return Home
Smart Return Home which engages the Obstacle Sensing System during return to home flight. If the aircraft sees an obstacle on its way back, it will intelligently avoid it as it comes home.
The revolutionary magnesium core embedded into the aircraft greatly increases rigidity, minimizing unwanted vibrations. This ensures the precision and performance of the inertial measurement unit (IMU).The weight of the aircraft is also reduced through this magnesium core.
Higher speed and longer flight time
Giving a top speed of 44.7mph (72Kph), Sport mode can be used for fun, letting you fly faster than ever, or to get to your shoot location while the light is perfect. The motor on the Phantom 4 is designed to work with the latest Push-and-Release Propellers, with this locking mechanism, propellers can withstand drastic changes of motor speed, allowing the aircraft to be more agile and more responsive to the pilot command. At sea level in calm environments when flying in ATTI mode, the Phantom 4 can achieve 28 minute flight times. This will vary due to different flight patterns, weather conditions and altitudes.
Better image quality with the new 3-Axis Gimbal and 4K Camera
The gimbal and camera system is integrated into the body, bringing it closer to the aircraft’s center of gravity. It is also made of a rigid and strong composite material. The camera has been improved in terms of image quality. Chromatic aberration has been reduced by 56% and lens distortion had been reduced by 36% compared to Phantom 3 Professional. In addition to lens improvements, camera firmware has been tweaked to enable the camera to capture 120fps video in full 1080p FHD (the camera’s field of view will be reconfigured to 47° when recording in this mode) for smooth slow motion.
Introducing the Phantom 4
Your Creative Sidekick
Inside the Phantom 4 – The Most Powerful Technology
“The Phantom 4, it’s the first consumer unit that can see the world around it and adjust accordingly, the next big step towards a truly autonomous aircraft.” — The Verge , March 1, 2016
“Smarter, leaner, faster, stronger? That’s the promise with DJI’s Phantom 4 ” — Engadget , March 1, 2016
“This quadcopter can do something other drones can’t: keep you and me from being idiot pilots.” — The Wall Street Journal , March 1, 2016
Phantom 4 Features
- Avoid obstacles automatically.
- Track moving subjects automatically using ActiveTrack.
- TapFly lets you fly with a tap of the finger.
- Smart Return Home allows the Phantom to avoid obstacles as it returns home.
- 28 minute maximum flight time, maximum control range of 3.1mi (5km).
- Maximum speed of 44mph (72kmh).
- Integrated gimbal for greater camera stability and smoother footage.
- Optimized Vision Positioning System raises positioning altitude up to 10 meters.
Comparison chart for all Phantoms
|Created For||High-level aerial photography and cinematography||High-level aerial photography and cinematography||Beginners & First-time pilots|
|Battery||4S, 15.2V, 81.3WH 5350mAh||4S, 15.2V, 68WH 4480mAh||4S, 15.2V, 68WH 4480mAh|
|Flight Time||28 mins||About 23 mins||About 25 mins|
|Obstacle Sensor||Optical Sensor
0.7 – 15m (2-49 feet)
|Outdoors Positioning||GPS+GLONASS Dual Positioning Module||GPS+GLONASS Dual Positioning Module||GPS Positioning Module|
|Vision Positioning||Four optical sensors and two ultrasonic sensors to for position holding without GPS.||Four optical sensors and two ultrasonic sensors to for position holding without GPS.||N/A|
|Camera||Improved image quality,
|Filter Ring||Yes, Removable||Yes, Removable||N/A|
|Max Transmitter Range||FCC: 5000 m (unobstructed and no interference)||FCC: 5000 m (unobstructed and no interference)||FCC：1000m (outdoors and unobstructed)|
|Video Transmission System||Lightbridge||Lightbridge||WiFi|
|Max Video Range||FCC: 5000 m (unobstructed and no interference)||FCC: 5000 m (unobstructed and no interference)||FCC: 1000m (outdoors and unobstructed, flight altitude 120m)|
|Flight Mode||Follow Me
Point of Interest
Point of Interest
Point of Interest
- Weight (Including Battery) : 1380 g
- Max Ascent Speed : 6 m/s (Sport mode)
- Max Descent Speed : 4 m/s (Sport mode)
- Max Speed : 20 m/s (Sport mode)
- Max Service Ceiling : Above Sea Level 19685 feet (6000 m)
- Max Flight Time : Approx. 28 minutes
- Operating Temperature Range : 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
- Satellite Systems : GPS / GLONASS
- Hovering Accuracy : Vertical +/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-0.5 m, Horizontal: +/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m
OBSTACLE SENSING SYSTEM
- Obstacle Sensory Range : 2 – 49 feet (0.7 – 15 m)
- Operating Environment : Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (lux > 15
- Sensor : 1/2.3” Effective pixels:12 M
- Lens FOV ( Field Of View ) : 94° 20 mm ( 35 mm format equivalent ) f/2.8 focus at ∞
- ISO Range : 100 – 3200 ( video ) 100 – 1600 ( photo )
- Electronic Shutter Speed : 8 s to 1/8000 s
- Max Image Size : 4000×3000
- Still Photography Modes :
Burst shooting: 3 / 5 / 7 frames
Auto Exposure Bracketing ( AEB ): 3 / 5 bracketed frames at 0.7 EV Bias
- Video Recording Modes :
UHD: 4096×2160 (4K) 24 / 25p
3840×2160 (4K) 24 / 25 / 30p
2704×1520 (2.7K) 24 / 25 / 30p
FHD: 1920×1080 24 / 25 / 30 / 48 / 50 / 60 / 120p
HD: 1280×720 24 / 25 / 30 / 48 / 50 / 60p
- Max Video Bitrate : 60 Mbps
- Supported File Systems : FAT32 ( ≤ 32 GB ); exFAT ( > 32 GB )
- Photo : JPEG, DNG ( RAW )
- Video : MP4 / MOV ( MPEG – 4 AVC / H.264 )
- Supported SD Cards : Micro SD, Max capacity: 64GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
- Operating Temperature : 32° to 104° F ( 0° to 40° C ))
- Controllable Range Pitch : -90° to +30°
VISION POSITIONING SYSTEM
- Velocity Range : ≤10 m/s ( 2 m above ground )
- Altitude Range : 0 – 33 feet (0 – 10 m)
- Operating Range : 0 – 33 feet (0 – 10 m)
- Operating Environment : Surfaces with a clear pattern and adequate lighting (lux > 15)
- Operating Frequency : 2.400 GHz to 2.483 GHz
- Max Transmission Distance : FCC Compliant: 3.1 mi ( 5 km ); CE Compliant : 2.2 mi ( 3.5 km )( Unobstructed, free of interference )
- Operating Temperature : 32° to 104° F ( 0° to 40° C )
- Battery : 6000 mAh LiPo 2S
- Transmitter Power ( EIRP ) : FCC: 23 dBm; CE: 17 dBm
- Operating Voltage : 7.4V @ 1.2A
INTELLIGENT FLIGHT BATTERY ( PH4 – 5350 MAH -15.2 V )
- Capacity : 5350 mAh
- Voltage : 15.2 V
- Battery Type LiPo : 4S
- Energy : 81.3 Wh
- Net Weight : 462 g
- Operating Temperature : 14° to 104° F ( -10° to 40° C )
- Max Charging Power : 100 W
- Voltage : 17.4 V
- Rated Power : 100 W
In the box :
How To Buy