Saris Freedom 4 Bike Platform Rack for Fat Bikes – 2″ Hitches – Frame Mount
Saris Hitch Bike Racks – SA4414B-FB
This platform-style, 4-bike rack has wheel trays designed specifically for fat tires. Cradles with cushioned straps securely grip your bike frames, and a front-mounted push lever lets you tilt the rack down with bikes loaded for cargo area access.
- Hitch-mounted, platform-style rack carries 4 fat bikes on the back of your vehicle
- Also works with standard bikes
- Large, deep wheel trays hold fat bike tires up to 5″ wide
- Twist knobs let you adjust wheel trays to accommodate different wheelbases
- Extra-long, ratcheting plastic straps secure bike wheels to trays
- Soft rubber cradles with cushioned straps grip your bikes by the downtubes or top tubes
- Adjust independently along upright masts to hold bicycles of various shapes and sizes
- Won’t scratch or scuff your bike frame
- Built-in grooves accommodate brake lines and cables
- Front-mounted push lever allows a single person to easily tilt and fold the rack
- Tilt rack down for cargo area access without unloading bikes
- Fold rack up against vehicle for storage
- Upright masts fold down for easy access to your vehicle’s rear cargo area
- Shank rise provides extra ground clearance
- Anti-rattle threaded hitch pin reduces movement of rack in hitch receiver
- Hole in base of rack accepts a cable lock (sold separately) to secure your bikes to the rack
- Lightweight, sturdy construction
- Rust-resistant steel base and masts with black powder coat finish
- Injection-molded plastic wheel trays
- Made in the USA
- Application: 2″ x 2″ trailer hitch receivers
- Carrying capacity: 4 bicycles
- Weight capacity: 35 lbs per bike
- Maximum wheelbase: 48″
- Maximum tire width: 5″
- Distance from center of hitch pin hole to:
- Closest part of rack when folded down: 13-1/2″
- Closest part of rack when folded up: 2″
- Farthest edge of rack when folded down: 46″
- Shank rise: 2″
- Carrier weight: 53 lbs
- Limited lifetime warranty
The Freedom gives you the liberty to rapidly load and safely transport 4 fat bikes on your vehicle’s 1-1/4″ or 2″ hitch. This easy-to-use, platform-style rack is loaded with features, including wheel trays that are specifically designed for fat bike tires, cradles and straps that grip your bikes by their frames, and a conveniently located lever that lets you tilt the rack down by yourself without having to unload your bikes.
Pivoting Cradles with Cushioned Straps
You’ll sleep tight knowing that your bikes are lovingly cradled in Saris’ patent-pending Cuscinos – or pillows. These pillows are built into the ratcheting straps that hold your bikes by the downtubes, top tubes, or seat posts in the rubber-lined cradles. These straps are specially designed to avoid scratching or scuffing your bike paint during transport. The rubber-lined cradles also have grooves that accommodate brake lines and cables.
The cradles pivot and slide up and down the central masts. This allows the rack to grab your bike’s tube at the perfect angle. Plastic twist knobs secure the cradles in place.
Adjustable Wheel Trays
The injection-molded plastic wheel trays are larger and deeper than standard cradles and will hold tires up to 5″ wide. The trays slide along the rack’s horizontal arms to accommodate bikes with different wheelbases. These trays secure in place with plastic twist knobs. Extra-long, ratcheting plastic straps secure your bicycle’s fat wheels to the trays.
Standard cradles are also included so that you can carry 2 standard bikes, 1 standard bike and 1 fat bike, or 2 fat bikes – all with one rack.
Folding, Tilting Design
You can tilt the rack down and fold the rack up with a front-mounted push lever.
You can tilt the rack down with bikes loaded or unloaded to access your vehicle’s rear cargo area. Just pull out the threaded bail pin located at the base of the rack, push down on the lever, and lower the rack until it clicks into place. This should provide enough clearance for the hatch to fully open and close.
You can also fold down the upright masts for access to you cargo area when no bikes are loaded. Simply pull the integrated levers and fold the masts down to the left or right.
You can fold the rack up against the back of your vehicle with it’s not in use. Just fold down the masts, press the front-mounted lever, and raise the rack up until it clicks into place.
Anti-Rattle Hitch Pin
The included threaded hitch pin helps to prevent the rack from moving and rattling around in your vehicle’s hitch receiver. An anti-rattle hitch lock (SA3022 – sold separately) is recommended to deter theft of the rack.
You can thread a cable lock (SA981 – sold separately) through the hole in the base of the rack and through your bike frames to secure your bikes to the rack.
4414B Saris Freedom 4 Bike Tray Style Carrier for 2 Inch Hitches – Frame Mount – Tilting
4419 Saris Fat Tire Wheel Holders for Freedom Bike Carriers
How To Buy